Carolina Wildlife Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer.† All employees
must pass a criminal background check and have or be eligible for
a South Carolina driverís license. To apply, please complete
an employment application.
Send application, along with resume, cover letter and salary requirements
to Carolina Wildlife Care, 5551 Bush River Road, Columbia, SC 29212
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, with the intent
of filling the position as soon as possible with the best candidate.
Executive Director Ė Posted 5/29/12†
The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer of Carolina
Wildlife Care, Inc., (CWC).† This position reports to the Board
of Directors, and is responsible for leading the organizationís
consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives effectively
and efficiently.† This individual will be responsible for carrying
on the strong legacy of CWC through community outreach and fundraising.
Expectations of the Executive Director include:
1. Provide leadership in developing program, organizational,
fundraising and financial objectives with the Board of Trustees
and staff, and implementing plans and policies authorized by the
2. Ensure revenue generating and fundraising activities to
develop existing program operations and objectives.
3. Develop and enhance relationships with donors, community
partners and foundations.
4. Provide organization visibility within the community through
public relations and promotional efforts.
5. Develop and effectively implement community service and
CWC educational programs.
6. Recruit, orient, train, and develop volunteers in fundraising
and program activities and supervise Wildlife Rehabilitation Director
on training and development of animal care staff.
7. Lead staff, Finance Committee, and the Board in preparing
a budget; ensure that the organization operates within budget
8. Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance
with federal, state and local regulations.
Qualifications Minimum undergraduate degree; preference
for marketing, public relations, management, or related fields.
- Minimum three years experience with operation of non-profit
or similar small business, preferably wildlife conservation or
similar area of interest.
- Supervisory management experience and strong passion for
the mission of CWC necessary.
- Demonstrated development skills, including special event
and major donor fundraising, and grant writing.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, particularly desktop and web publishing
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a variety
of people from volunteers and staff to business owners and board
- Experience in media relations and communications a plus.
Position is full time.† Compensation package based on experience.†
Criminal background check, drug screen, and reference checks will
be required as a condition of employment.
Applications are available at www.carolinawildlife.org and may be
submitted along with resume, cover letter and salary requirement
to:† Carolina Wildlife Care, 5551 Bush River Road, Columbia, SC†
29212, Attention: Employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer